Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Apple Muffins

I had bought 2kg of apples from the market last weekend which were only 90c per kg. Cheap isn’t it? Haha…

I have 2 recipes in my mind for baking. Hmm…apple pie or apple muffins??? I couldn’t decide as I love both of them. = D

Well, hubby had decided for me as he prefers apple muffins which are convenience for him to bring to work as breakfast. Hence, here are my apple muffins!!!




Ingredients
280g plain flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
50g butter, soften at room temperature
90g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150ml milk
2 medium size apple, peeled and chopped

What to do

(1) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt, mix well.

(2) In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar, till creamy. Add in egg, gradually, mix well after each addition. Stir until the mixture is creamy and fluffy. Add in vanilla essence, mix well.

(3) Add flour mixture (in 3 additions) follow by milk (in 2 additions) , starting and ending with flour. Mix only until well combined. Gently fold in the chopped apples.

(4) Fill muffin cups with batter and bake for 20 to 25mins, until muffins turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.

(5) Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails