Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kaya Pao

My colleague gave a jar of homemade Kaya few days ago. There’s a recipe which came across my mind, Kaya Pao. I had a pack of pao flour sitting in my pantry for some times and now it is the perfect timing for me.

It is very simple. You will only need to mix the flour with 255ml milk and 100g sugar. Knead dough well for 10 minutes and add in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Continue to knead and leave aside for 30 minutes.



30 minutes later…

Alright, now I am going to divide the dough into 12 parts. Roll each piece into small round shape and flatten it. Place a small portion kaya into the center of each rolled out sheet and fold the sides over the filling. Place each pao on a piece of baking paper.




Now, place the steamer filled with water on high heat. Add 2 tbsp of vinegar into the water to whiten the paos. Steam it for 10 minutes, lit out the cover to remove any condensed water and continue to steam for further 10 minutes. Remove the paos from the steamer and serve warm.

Here’s my kaya paos. Looking good eh…hehe

Photos without "Flash"

Hmm…it taste good. This is my first attempt of making pao. Mission successful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails