Sunday, April 5, 2009

Homemade Pizza

Pizza Pizza Pizza!!! Who don’t like pizza??? Everybody loves pizza (I think, at least all of my friends they do), except my hubby. = (

My aunty who stays in KL did teach me how to make pizza few years ago when I was studying in Cyberjaya. Well, it was difficult for me to do the pizza base. I tried once with failure (few years back). Since then I have never tried to bake pizza until now…

I had done some researching in the internet and try to learn the ways of making the base. I found that it is not hard at all! It is almost the same like making bread dough. Hmm…I must be very lousy previously. Haha…

I also found that we can make the pizza sauce ourselves which only require a few ingredients. So, for this pizza, I made the base and the sauce myself. I am very satisfied with the result. ^-^


Pizza dough

Ingredients

7g dry yeast
8g sugar
180ml lukewarm water
40ml olive oil
350g plain flour
11/2 tsp salt

What to do

(1) Stir yeast, sugar and 40ml of the water together in a small bowl until well combined. Cover and leave the yeast mixture for about 30 minutes or until it is bubbling and foamy.

(2) Add oil and remaining water to the bowl with the yeast mixture and stir together.

(3) Stir flour and salt together in a large bowl until well combined. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture. Combine using a spoon then use your hands to bring the dough together.

(4) Use your hand to transfer the mixture to a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until the dough should become smooth and elastic.

(5) Place dough in a large oiled bowl and turn dough to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap then a clean tea towel. Put bowl in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.

(6) Punch down the dough and knead for a couple of minutes. Divide the dough into two balls. Press each dough ball out flat and using a floured rolling pin, shape into a 25-30 cm (10-12 inch) diameter circle. Using your knuckles, press just inside the edge to raise them slightly. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 230 degree.

(7) Top with pizza sauce and toppings of your choice. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden and the base is cooked.


Pizza sauce

Ingredients

1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
20ml olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
405g can diced Italian tomatoes paste
4g brown sugar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper

What to do

(1) Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, brown sugar, a good pinch of salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 7 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil.


(2) Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon into a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in oregano.


Oh ya, my homemade pizza toppings are very simple. I used pineapple (can), green capsicum (sliced), grated mozzarella cheese and some sliced ham that I got in my fridge. I will definitely make this pizza again but with different topping. I already have some toppings ideas for my next homemade pizza. = D




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails