This is one of the cakes listed in my “To do” list for quite some time and finally I gave it a try on Sunday morning so that we can have it for our tea later on the day.
The texture of the cake was buttery, moist and smooth.
I like the aroma while the cake was in the oven. The cocoa powder smells so good! It make me mouth –watering while waiting for it to cook. =P
I’ve eaten 2 slices at once as they taste really yummy! What a sinful craves…
220g castor sugar
5 large eggs
250g cake flour
2tbsp choco powder
2 - 3 tbsp milk
What to do
(1) Sieve cake flour and salt together. Set aside.
(2) In a big bowl, cream butter and sugar until it's pale and creamy.
(3) Add in egg one at a time, mix until it's well combined.
(4) Fold in the cake flour slowly and mix well.
(5) Spoon 4tbsp of the cake batter into another smaller bowl. Mix the cocoa powder and milk until it's fully dissolve.
(6) Scoop the vanilla batter into the baking pan and follow by the cocoa batter and repeat this action again.
(7) Use a chopstick to draw zic-zac on top of it to get some nice marble pattern for the cake.
(8) Bake the cake at 160c for 30 mins or until it's golden brown and the toothpicks inserted came out clean.