Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fried Calamari

I haven’t tried out any finger food for my cooking so I’ve decided to try something savory. I’ve been busy surfing the internet for some finger food recipes and came across this easy recipe – Fried Calamari!

It tastes a little bit spicy, sour, crunchy and crispy! Haha… it will be perfect if dip with tartar sauce. Unfortunately I do not have it in my pantry so I substitute with chili sauce. Hmmm…it’s not too bad. (**;)


Below are some photos that I took for this "HUGE" squid that I bought from the market. = )







Ingredients

1kg calamari (squid)
50ml lemon juice
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
64g corn flour
43g plain flour
1tbsp curry powder
1tsp salt
Olive oil, for deep frying


What to do

(1) Wash and cut the calamari into thin rings.
(2) Put the rings in a flat nonmetallic dish and pour the lemon juice on top. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
(3) Meanwhile, mixed the corn flour, plain four, curry powder and salt in a bowl.
(4) Heat up the saucepan with oil enough for deep frying.
(5) Dip the calamari into egg whites and dust with the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
(6) Add the calamari to the oil in batches, deep frying for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails