Sunday, March 8, 2009

Banana & Chocolate Muffins

I have 3 over-ripe bananas in the fridge and I don’t want my dustbin have it so I decided to use them to make banana cake.

Also, I can bring along the banana cake for our day trip later. Hmm…what trip that I mention here??? Check out my blog tomorrow you will know then… = )




Ingredients (makes 10 ~ 12 muffins)

275g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas
100g brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
50ml fresh milk
75g olive oil
50g chocolate chips


What to do

(1) Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.

(2) Peel the bananas and mash with a fork in a bowl. Add in brown sugar, egg, milk and melted butter. Mix until well combined.

(3) Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. With a wooden spoon or a spatula, gently fold all the ingredients to form a wet batter. Stir gently, using only a few strokes and mix until the flour are incorporate into the batter. DO NOT Over mix. The batter should appear lumpy.

(4) Spoon batter into paper muffin cases. Bake for 20mins until muffins turn golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.

(5) Let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.

Recipe taken from Happy Home Baking




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails