Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Claypot Chicken Rice (without using claypot)




I had wanted to try out this meal long time ago but I do not have the claypot with me and I never think of I can replace with rice cooker. = P I just found out this tips from my friend so decided to give it a try. My ingredients are very simple. Here you go…

Ingredients

3 cups rice, washed and drained well
3 cups water (according to how many cups of rice)
2 skinless chicken breasts
5 black mushrooms, soaked till soft and cut into thin slices

Seasoning (A)

1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp of pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornflour

Seasoning (B) (mix together)

1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp dark soy sauce

What to do

(1) Marinade chicken with seasoning (A) for 30 minutes.

(2) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and stir-fry marinated chicken meat, mushroom and mix in seasoning (B). Dish out and put aside.

(3) Put rice into an electric cooker and cook rice as usual. Add in chicken into the rice cooker when the rice is almost dry (about 7-8 minutes) and continue to cook till rice is completely cooked. Serve immediately.





Well, the taste is so delicious but it is not dark enough. I think I didn’t put enough dark soy sauce. Definitely, I will try on this recipe again…simple and easy!!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails