Monday, January 31, 2011

CNY Baking – Peanut Cookies



Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Unfortunately there is no celebration here (living in non Chinese community) and I can’t even feel the CNY atmosphere, especially when hubby is someone who doesn’t give a damn about CNY. =(

Well, I am trying to create some atmosphere for myself here. Teehee

I’ve baked 2 types of CNY goodies to enjoy which are Peanut Cookies and Pineapple Tarts. Both are my favourites!



Love my peanut cookies as it taste exactly how it should be. Hooray for myself! It was quite simple, all you need are:-

Ingredients

250g roasted peanuts
450g self-raising flour
225g icing sugar
200g vegetable oil
tsp salt

Egg Wash
2 egg yolk


What to do

(1) Pre-heat oven to 200 degree. Roast peanuts for 15-20 min in the oven. In a food processor, ground peanuts till fine.

(2) In a mixing bowl, mix flour, ground peanuts, sugar, and salt. Mix well.

(3) Add in oil and knead to make into a dough. Shape the dough round or cut into desired shape.

(4) Brush the top with some egg. Bake it at 180 degree in the oven until golden brown.

(5) Cool completely and keep cookies in an air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails