Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fruit Tarts

I made this fruit tarts last weekend. The recipe was taken from my first recipe book that I bought few weeks back (finally had the opportunity to try it).

I couldn’t find one of the ingredients in the supermarket which is fromage frais. I searched in the internet about fromage frais. And here is what I found Fromage frais is a fresh, soft curd cheese that is low in fat. Fresh cheeses are not cured which means they do not keep for long. It has a slightly tangy taste.

Luckily you can replace it with strawberry Fruche. I managed to get strawberry Fruche in the supermarket. Although I am not sure what is the difference between them but my tarts came out delicious! It tastes fabulous especially when eaten cold. Must give it a try… (“,)

Strawberries, Cherries, Kiwi fruit







Ingredients (10 pieces)

125g plain flour
30g custard powder
30g icing sugar
40 olive spread
3tbsp milk
2x130g tubs low fat strawberry fromage frais or light strawberry Fruche
100g ricotta cheese
Halved strawberries, cherries, kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
2tbsp apricot jam


What to do

(1) Mix the flour, custard powder, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until fine crumbs form then add enough of the milk to form a soft dough.
(2) Gather into ball, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
(3) Divide the dough into 10 portions and toll out to line the tins.
(4) Poke the tart shell with a fork evenly and bake for 15 minutes.
(5) Mix the strawberry Fruche and ricotta until smooth.
(6) Spread over the pastry bases and top with assorted fruit.
(7) Heat the jam until liquid then brush over the fruit to glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails