Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wholemeal Cookies

My brother had sent me some cute cookies cutter from Japan and I haven’t tried all the shapes yet. I had only used 2 shapes for my Easter Goodies few weeks back. I had search in Google for easy wholemeal cookies recipes and I found one. Required ingredients are simple and I also already had them in my pantry. So I can start right away… can’t wait to use those cute cutters.


Hmmm…they were so GOOD, crispy and crunchy! I really like the nutty texture of the wholemeal flour. It is a very healthy snack for everyone. You may keep them in airtight container for about 1 week. It is also less oily compare with outside cookies as I had replaced butter with olive oil. It is worth to try! Enjoy!

Just out from oven. **hot hot**


Ingredients

150g wholemeal flour
100g plain flour
Pinch of salt
80g sugar
80ml olive oil
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
115ml milk

What to do

(1) Sift together flour, salt, sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
(2) Add in olive oil into the dry ingredients and follow by milk. Mix well to form dry dough.
(3) Keep refrigerated for 2 hours.
(4) On a lightly floured bench, roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick.
(5) Cut out shapes and place onto lined tray and refrigerate until firm.
(6) Bake at 180 degree for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails