Sunday, June 14, 2009

Potato Pancake with Crumbled Mince

I love all kinds of potato especially sweet potato. I steam one medium size sweet potato once a week for my lunch. I happened to come across this recipe from last week’s newspaper which is about potato. The method is very simple and the ingredients are easy to get from the market.

I decided to bake this for my afternoon tea. The original recipe used some pine nuts, sumac, cumin seed and preserved lemon which I don’t have. Therefore I had made some modifications to my convenience. I replaced them curry powder instead.

Out of my expectation, the combination of the curry powder with the potato was excellent! The potato was crispy and the mince was a little bit spicy. Hmm… they were so yummy and healthy too. Isn’t it perfect?

People who love potato will like this recipe! Enjoy! ^_^





Ingredients

250g beef mince
5tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper
4 potatoes
2tbsp plain flour
2 handfuls baby spinach
3tbsp lemon juice


What to do

(1) Put mince in a hot non-stick pan with 2tbsp of olive oil and add onion, garlic, curry powder, salt and pepper.
(2) Stir fry until mince is brown and crumbly.
(3) Peel and coarsely grate potatoes and squeeze out excess moisture.
(4) Add in flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
(5) In another non-stick pan heat 2tbsp of olive oil, add in potatoes, press into a large pancake and cook over hot heat until brown and crisp on both side.
(6) Top with beef mixture and put in oven for 10 minutes.
(7) Put spinach in a bowl with remaining oil and lemon juice and toss. Arrange over mince and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails