I came across Donna Hay’s website and saw this simple brownie recipe. Well, since I haven’t tried to bake brownie before, it’s a good chance for me to give this a go!
I’ve added in some chopped walnuts as I recalled the last time I had brownie they did have some nuts in it. You may add other types of nuts as well.
I was please as it turned out nicely and the taste was good too! =)
200g dark chocolate, chopped
250g butter, chopped
310g brown sugar
35g cocoa powder, sifted
185g plain flour
¼tsp baking powder
60g walnuts, chopped
What to do
(1) Preheat oven to 160 degree.
(2) Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
(3) Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Lastly add in the chopped walnuts and stir well.
(4) Pour into a 20cm square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
(5) Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
(6) Allow to cool slightly in the tin before slicing. Serve warm or cold.