Thursday, April 16, 2009

Muesli Cookies

I have muesli for breakfast or morning tea everyday as it is really nice to eat and it is healthy too! I’ve tried to bake Muesli Muffins, and this time I will try to make it into cookie! It differs from muesli muffins as it is very crunchy! While baking, I can smell the honey!

I’ve uses olive spread for this batch of cookies instead of butter. The olive spread is better compared with butter. Olive oil or canola oil is the best for baking though. Well, you have to know when to use olive oil / canola oil. I am experimenting these 2 oils for my baking. I tried to use olive oil for my Banana and Choc Chips Muffins and they were really good.

Anyway, here are my Muesli Cookies! (“,)





Ingredients


(A)
150g muesli (toasted with dried fruit) + 20g sultana (optional)
80g self raising flour


(B)
100g olive spread
70g honey
1 egg, lightly beaten


What to do


(1) Line two baking trays with baking paper. Combine ingredients (A) in a bowl.
(2) Whisk ingredients (B) together in another bowl.
(3) Add ingredients (B) to ingredients (A) and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
(4) Roll spoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on trays, 3cm apart. Flatten.
(5) Bake for 10 minutes and let it cool before transfer to a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails