Sunday, November 29, 2009

White Chocolate n’ Almond Blondies


Christmas is just around the corner and I was planning to make some Christmas goodies from the Christmas recipe books that I bought last week. There are a few Christmas recipes that I wanted to do and I already listed into my “to do” list.

My first Christmas goodies this week was **White Chocolate n’ Almond Blondies**from Taste.com.au – The Very Useful Christmas Book. You can also get the recipe online here.


The aroma of the blondies was strong which make me mouth watering while baking. Hehe… I helped myself with 2 of the biggest slices after it was done! A sinful craves… ashamed after I had it. =( Nevertheless, more fitness class to attend!


Ingredients

75g unsalted butter, chopped
300g white chocolate, roughly chopped
3 eggs
90g castor sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
200g self-raising flour
100g slivered almonds, roughly chopped
100g white chocolate chipsIcing sugar, to dust


What to do

(1) Preheat oven to 175 degree. Lightly grease a 20cmX30cm (base) lamington pan. Line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper.

(2) Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch water).

(3) Whisk the eggs, castor sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Fold in flour. Add the almonds, chocolate chips and stir to combine.

(4) Pour into prepared pan. Using a spatula, spread mixture to the edges. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top has a firm crust.

(5) Cool in the pan, then cut into 15 squares. Serve dusted with icing sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails