Saturday, July 25, 2009

Strawberry Cheese Tarts


Hmmm… I baked tarts again. The reason was I still had some left over ricotta cheese and strawberry fruche from my last week baking. Not wanted to waste them, I decided to bake cheese tart.

I thought it would be easier for me to bake them on my small tart moulds instead of the “big” round baking pan. So, I’ve made 10 pieces of Strawberry Cheese Tarts and decorated with some chocolate chips! They look beautiful to me… (Of course they were beautiful as it was my design). Hohohoho (**;)

I think I am falling in love with custard powder. Haha… the aroma of custard from the pastry was so strong. I really love the smell and I can’t stop walking towards the oven and check out when the bell will sound and I can enjoy the pastry. :P

The custard powder reminds me of custard pao that I had when I went yum char. The custard was so soft and moist. OMG! I miss the pao and I wish I could have one now… Well, I think I will try to steam custard pao one day… Oops, I think I’m out of topic here. Haha… Today’s topic is my little Strawberry Cheese Tarts.

Finally my tarts were ready… cheese cake should be eaten when they are cold therefore I’ve kept them in the fridge for a few hours before I eat them. They were so yummy! The cheese was light and creamy which literally melts in your mouth. You should probably give it a try! Happy baking~ (*_*)



Ingredients (10 pieces)

125g plain flour
30g custard powder
30g icing sugar
40 olive spread
3tbsp milk
2x130g tubs low fat strawberry fromage frais or light strawberry Fruche
100g ricotta cheese
Chocolate chips, to decorate

What to do

(1) Mix the flour, custard powder, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until fine crumbs form then add enough of the milk to form a soft dough.

(2) Gather into ball, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes.

(3) Divide the dough into 10 portions and toll out to line the tins.

(4) Poke the tart shell with a fork evenly and bake for 15 minutes.

(5) Mix the strawberry Fruche and ricotta until smooth.

(6) Spread over the pastry bases and top with chocolate chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails