Peanut Butter!!! Yay, I think most people likes peanut butter. There are a lot of ways to use peanut butter. The simplest way is to just spread it on bread. I am going to use it to bake a cupcake instead.
This recipe was taken from the internet. Hmm…not sure which website because I forgot the link. Anyway, thanks for to person who shared this recipe as it is really delicious!
However, I had modified some of the ingredients as I didn’t have what I needed. I had replaced the cake flour with plain flour. I had also replaced the sugar with brown sugar and unsalted butter to butter.
Okay! Here you go…
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
190g brown sugar
60g butter, cut into pieces
50g creamy peanut butter
2 eggs, beaten
150g nonfat yogurt
Chopped peanuts / peanuts for sprinkling (optional)
What to do
(1) Have all ingredients at room temp. Preheat oven to 180C and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
(2) Sift together plain flour, baking powder and baking soda.
(3) Cream butter and peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Dribble in eggs slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly for about 2 mins.
(4) On low speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by ½ the yogurt. Beat in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture, then remaining yogurt and the last of the flour, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
(5) Divide the mixture between muffin pan. Sprinkle nuts on top.
(6) Bake for 30 to 35 mins or until top is light golden brown and skewer inserted comes out clean.
(7) Cool in pan for 5 mins. Unmold and cool completely.