375g self raising flour180g butter, softened
180g castor sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
Colored sprinkles, to decorate
Scant 100g butter, softened
380g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
What to do
(1) Preheat the oven to 190 degree. Put paper liners into shollow muffins pans.
(2) Sifted the flour into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well until the mixture is smooth, then stir in enough of the milk to make a pourable consistency.
(3) Divide the mixture among the paper liners. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until risen, firm and golden brown. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
(4) For the buttercream, beat together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
(5) Use a serrated knife to cut a round from the top of each cake, then cut each round in half. Spread or pipe a little of the buttercream on top of each cake, then press the pieces of cake into it to resemble butterfly wings. decorate with the colored sprinkles.