Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lemon Cheesecake



I know Cheese = FAT, but somehow I adore cheesecake as they tastes delicious. Well, once in a while if I pamper myself with a slice of my favorite cheese cake, I think it wouldn’t hurt much! Also, Cheese is high in calcium which is good for my bones! (Ha! I am trying to find more excuses to make myself feel better) :P

This is my second attempt on cheese cake. Since I still have plenty of lemons, I might as well turn them into Lemon Cheese Cake!!!

The cheese cake tastes awesome!!! It was very soft and creamy.


Ingredients


Base
1100g Nice biscuits (Arnott’s brand)
40g butter, melted
Filling
300ml whipping cream (chilled, I used Bulla Thickened Cream)
250g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
50g icing sugar
45ml lemon juice

What to do


(1) Mix biscuit crumbs & melted butter together and press firmly with the help of a spoon onto the base of a 18cm cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes.

(2) Beat whipping cream with electric mixer until 70% stiff or until mousse-like. Do not over mix. Takes about 2 to 3mins on low speed. Keep in the fridge.

(3) With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth & creamy. Blend in whipping cream with a spatula.

(4) Pour the mixture into the base and spread, put the tin back into the fridge until the topping has set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails