This is a very simple and yummy meal that I prepared for lunch yesterday.
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
2 hamburger bun, split
2 slices cheese
Baby spinach, washed, dried
125g beef mince
1/2 small red onion, chopped into pieces
1 egg white, lightly whisked
1 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon oil
What to do
(1) To make the beef patty, place the mince, onion, egg white, parsley, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
(2) Shape the mince mixture and place on a plate. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
(3)Place the onion and half the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until light golden and tender.
(4) Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef patty and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
(5) Preheat grill on high. Place the bun, cut-side up, on a baking tray and cook under grill for 2 minutes or until toasted.
(6) Remove the bun from the tray. Place the beef patty on the tray and top with the cheese. Cook under grill for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Place the bun base on a serving plate. Top with tomato, beef patty, tomato sauce, baby spinach and onion. Top with the remaining bun. Serve with chips!