Friday, August 7, 2009

Milky Chocolate Cake


I baked this cake for my colleague’s birthday. I was running out of time as I started my baking after my fitness class at about 8.30pm. I was searching for a simple yet delicious recipe to bake this cake…. and I found this easy chocolate cake. Lucky me! (*o*)

Since it was a last minute decision + lack of time, I was totally clueless about the decoration for the cake. I planned to coat the cake with chocolate paste and decorate with mini M&M (so that it looks colorful). Besides, I chose to bake in a small square baking pan instead of the big round one as the former is easier … “I think”. :P

In the end, the decoration didn’t come out as nicely as I expected. After I spread the chocolate paste on the cake, the cake looked so “horrible” as the chocolate paste was not smooth enough! = ( The only solution that I can think of was to find some goodies to cover the cake. So, I used almond flakes and white chocolate instead of M & M. It was the best way to “rescue” my “ugly” chocolate cake!

I put some of the batter into a muffin pan and some into muffin cups.


Ingredients

200g milk chocolate, chopped
200g butter, softened
220g brown sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
225g cake flour 32g cocoa powder
255ml milk
White chocolate and almond flakes, for decorations
What to do

1. Place chocolate into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. With medium heat, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add cooled chocolate. Mix well.
3. Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Fold half the flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold half the milk into chocolate mixture. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and milk.
4. Spoon cake batter into baking pan or muffin pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Decorate as you desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails