Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Omelette Rice

This meal is called Nasi Goreng Pataya in Malaysia. It is very famous meal and you can get it easily in Malay restaurant. I used to have this meal quite often when I was in Uni where there’s only one Malay restaurant near by.

Actually I’ve used a very simple method to do my omelette. I used a deep bowl and a plate; place the omelette in the deep bowls. Follow by fried rice on top of the omelette. After the fried rice is set, put the plate on top of the bowls. Turn them up side down and remove the bowl. It’s all done by now. Isn’t it simple? Hohoho

Well, I’ve to admit that my skill of making the omelette still needs to be improved. This one here doesn’t look good to me. I will need to keep practicing on this. = D

I’ve made a cross cut on top of the omelette and added some tomato sauce and served. Enjoy!




Ingredients (Serves 2)

2 servings of cooked plain rice
2 pieces chicken breast, minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
4-5 pieces bok choi, sliced
2~ 3 tablespoons ketchup
salt & pepper
cooking oil
4 eggs

What to do

Rice

(1) Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan, stir fry the chopped onion until transparent.
(2) Add in chicken and stir fry till chicken is cooked. Add bok choi, stir through. Add in ketchup, salt and pepper to taste and continue to stir fry.
(3) Lastly, add in cooked rice and toss rapidly. Dish up and set aside.

Omelette

(1) Beat two eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
(2) Heat a frying pan and add some oil. Pour the egg in the frying pan.
(3) Quickly spread the egg and make a thin, large, and round omelet.
(4) Repeat step 1 to 4 for the rest of the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails