I wanted to bake a marble cake long time ago but never had the chance. This is because I was lazy to buy some cocoa powder. = P Now, I have cocoa powder in my pantry from my last baking - Chocolate Cake top with Easter egg.
However, I’ve decided to bake marble chiffon cake instead of marble cake. The reason is marble cake will be oilier and more compact compared to marble chiffon cake. For marble cake you gotta used up to 250g of butter but chiffon cake only needs 5g (for the chocolate paste). Besides, for chiffon cake you can eat half of the cake and wouldn’t feel the weight in you tummy as it is soft, light and fluffy! A good excuse for me to eat more!!! Hahahaha
Ok, here’s my Marble Chiffon Cake.
Stiff perks formed
3 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
40g warm olive oil
50ml warm milk
½ tsp vanilla essence
75g self-raising flour
4 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
10g cocoa powder
What to do
(1) Chocolate pastes – mix all ingredients and boiled it till sugar dissolved. Set aside for later use.
(2) Cream ingredients (A) till creamy.
(3) Add in ingredients (B) and mix well combined.
(4) Shift in ingredient (C) till the batter is lump-free.
(5) Beat egg white with electric beater until big bubbles formed. Sprinkle in cream of tartar and beat until it is white in colour. Add in 40g sugar 3 times (a little at a time) and beat till stiff perks formed.
(6) Pour ½ egg white into the flour mixture and mix well and continue with the remaining egg white.Remove ¼ of the batter and mix with the chocolate paste, blend well.8. Pour the 2 batters into un-greased tube pan using your imagination and create your own marble effect. Bake at 170 - 180C for 35 - 45 minutes or till cooked.