Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lemon Cake

I was in the mood for baking again! I can’t help myself not to be busy in the kitchen after a long day in the office. :P

I was craving for something savory and I found there were some lemons in the fridge. Without faltering, I decided to bake lemon cake which is simple yet delicious!

I found that the outlook for the lemon cake was too plain. Suddenly Christmas spirit came across my mind so I’ve sprinkled some icing sugar on top. After some “make up” with the lemon cake, they looked much better. “Ta da” here I present you my * Christmas Lemon Cake*.








There were some remaining batters so I pour them into muffin cup. See, after the make over, it looks so cute, isn’t? I just simply love the star on top of the cake! It gives me Christmas feel… = )





It taste a little bit sour which is very appetizing! It was really good! Enjoy~

Ingredients
125g butter, softened
1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
220g caster sugar
2 eggs
150g self-raising flour
75g plain flour
125ml milk
Topping
125ml lemon juice
55g caster sugar


What to do

(1) Beat the butter, rind and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined between additions.
(2) Stir in the sifted flours in two batches with the milk. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked when tested.
(3) For the topping, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a jug; stir until the sugar is dissolved.
(4) Pour the topping over the hot cake; allow cake to stand for 15 minutes before turning the cake onto a wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails