Sunday, January 24, 2010

Country Fruit Cake




I admit that I have a “bad” habit which is whenever I come across nice looking baking recipe books, I will definitely “grab them home” with me. Hehe…


There are a few sitting in my bookshelf and I hardly give them a look as yet. Last night I was flicking through one of the recipe books and I decided to give this cake a go.




I was running of out light brown sugar so I replaced it with castor sugar instead. This is why you can see my cake is not as brown as in the recipe book. :D




Ingredients

375g cake flour
2tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg
180g unsalted butter, softened
180g light brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsbp milk
200g mixed dried fruit (I used apricot, sultana and cherry)
1tbsp raw brown sugar


What to do

(1) Preheat the oven to 160 degree. Grease and line a round cake pan.
(2) Sift the flours, baking powder and nutmeg into a large bowl. Set aside.
(3) Beat the butter, light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract till well combined. Add in the flour mixture and beat well until the mixture us smooth, then stir in the milk and mixed dried fruit.,
(4) Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth level with spatula. Sprinkle the raw brown sugar evenly over the surface.
(5) Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails