Monday, June 22, 2009

Baked Tuna Pasta

Tuna + pasta is just perfect! The first time I had this meal was few months after I started work in Australia. There’s a food court near the company and there is a cafe selling varieties of salad and pasta. You can mix the salad with pasta and it costs only $6.00.

They have cold and hot tuna pasta. I tried both of them before and they were good. I prefer the hot one which is baked tuna pasta because I love to eat the cheese.

Baked tuna pasta was always on my mind but somehow I never got a round to do it. Therefore I decided to bake this for yesterday’s lunch.

The result was good but the bottom of the pasta was a bit watery. I think it is because of the tomato sauce (too much water there). Well, it was a bit wet but I enjoyed the pasta though. (**;)





Ingredients

1 can Tuna (chunk) in brie water
250g macaroni
4-5 medium button mushrooms, sliced into small pieces
50g peas
Pepper and salt
1 can of whole peel tomato
80g grated mozzarella cheesedried parsley, to sprinkle on top of the pasta


What to do

(1) Boil half a sauce pan of water, add some salt and oil to cook the macaroni.
(2) Pour the can of tuna (drain away brie) into a bowl, smash them up.
(3) In heatproof baking dish, add in macaroni, sliced button mushrooms, peas, tuna, salt and pepper and mix well.
(4) Add in tomato sauce and cover top with grated cheese.
(5) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degC, till the cheese turns golden brown. Sprinkle with some dried parsley. Serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails