Thursday, April 2, 2009

Muesli Muffins

Since I had a big pack of muesli in my pantry, I decided to bake muesli muffin for breakfast. Healthy snack!

Hmmm…it was delicious but is suitable only for those people who like to eat muesli as the aroma from muesli was heavy. = P

I like it as I used to have muesli for breakfast everyday. So, this is something different from my usual breakfast which is muesli with milk / yoghurt.

My cousin - Gim Theng also likes to bake but she will only choose those recipes without butter. As butter is not good for health and she is very health conscience. Hence, Gim Theng, this recipe suits you well! Enjoy! ;)



Ingredients (Makes 9)

2 eggs
250ml milk
60ml olive oil
2 tbs honey
200g muesli (toasted with dried fruit)
165g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda

What to do

(1) Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.

(2) Whisk eggs, milk, oil and honey together. Combine muesli, flour and soda in a bowl.

(3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together quickly using a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture may be lumpy and does not have to be evenly mixed.

(4) Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails