Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Frosting

Yay! This is my first attempt to make an icing. I am glad that it turned out “not too bad looking” and it was not as difficult as I had thought.

However, I am still not satisfied with my icing swirling skill. I will need to practice more on my swirling skill and make it look better for my next baking! = )

Overall, I am still happy with it… (^_^)


Vanilla Cupcakes


Chocolate Icing


Ta da... My cupcakes!




Ingredients


100g butter, softened
185g castor sugar
1tsp vanilla bean paste
2 eggs
250g self-raising flour
125ml milk
Chocolate Frosting
100g butter, softened
450g chocolate icing sugar mixture
60ml milk


What to do


1. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.

2. Spoon mixture evenly and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

3. For the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar while beating. Add the milk and beat until well combined.

4. Fill a piping (icing) bag fitted with a star tube with the icing and pipe swirls on the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails