I’ve baked this simple yet delicious cake for mum when she visited me a month ago.
It's pretty easy to prepare! Here you go...
20g unsalted butter, melted
Some soft brown sugar
1 canned of pineapples
90g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
125g self raising flour, sifted
What to do
(1) Preheat oven to 180 degree.
(2) Pour melted butter into a 20cm pan (brush both the base and sides of pan with butter) and sprinkle with brown sugar evenly.
(3) Cut pineapples into smaller pieces and place them nicely on the base of the tin.
(4) Beat the extra butter and sugar with electric beaters till light and creamy then add eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
(5) Add the vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
(6) Fold in the flour alternatively with 70g of pineapple juice.
(7) Spoon the mixture evenly over the pineapple and bake for 40 min.
(8) Leave cake in tin for 10 min before turning out to a wire rack to cool.