Saturday, November 14, 2009

White Chocolate with Dried Fruits Cake


I came across this cooking website and I am “falling in love” with all her delicious and tempting photos of food. I can’t wait to try all the recipes! (kinda greedy… hehe)

Ok, I think I should decide what I am going to try from her list. I chose to bake this “White Chocolate with Dried Fruits Cake”.

This… really taste GOOD! I love the texture as it was so soft and fluffy! As you know I love raisins so this is a PLUS for the cake. Also, I love the dried apricot. The combination was perfect! You should try this out.

This recipe definitely is a keeper for me!


Ingredients

60g white chocolate
2 tbsp milk
200g self-raising flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt1
80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp lemon juice
80g dried raisins
80g dried apricot


What to do

(1) Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Grease a 18X8cm rectangular baking pan, line with baking paper.

(2) Melt white chocolate with milk over a pot of simmering water. Set aside.
(3) In a medium bowl, whip butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, egg and continue to beat until well combined.
(4) Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl, then sift the flour mixture over the batter. Mix until just combine.
(5) Finally add lemon juice, raisins and apricot, stir with a wide spatula until just combine.
(6) Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake turns out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails