Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oreo Muffins

I’ve used Oreo to bake cheese cake (as the base) before but haven’t tried for muffin. My cousin had sent me some muffin cups so it is a good time for me to use them! I have the muffin paper cup with me here but when I put in the muffin pan, the shape of the muffin turn out not nice!

So my cousin sent to me some aluminum cups so I can put in my muffin paper in there. Finally the shape turned out nicely! My cousin also sent me some muffin paper cups as the paper cups that they are selling here are quite expensive. I managed to get the cheap ones from the supermarket but the quality is not good (too soft).


Alright, I think I will stop talking about the paper cup now and back to the topic of muffin. I’ve tried out few muffins by using olive oil and they turned out GOOD. So, this time I also used olive oil for my Oreo Muffin.


Guess what? They were really tasty! Less oily compared with butter, healthier and less costly (I think). (^_^)


This is the paper cup that my cousin sent to me. (aluminum one)


The aroma of the muffin was very strong… SO GREAT! I can’t wait to try them as I was standing in front of the oven waiting for the timer to sound. Haha

10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…0

Finally “ting!”, it is done now! Freshly baked from the oven! Wanna try one? :P





Ingredients

100g olive oil
80g sugar
150 self-raising flour
2 eggs
1tbsp hot water
1tbsp instant coffee
1tbsp vanilla extract
5 pieces Oreo (broken into small pieces)
Few pieces Oreo cut into half (for decoration on top of the cupcake)


What to do

(1) Dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Mix in vanilla extract. Set aside.
(2) Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time.
(3) Pour in liquid coffee and vanilla extract. Mix well.
(4) Pour in sifted flour in 3 equal parts... mixer on low speed. Add in the broken Oreo and mix till everything is well combined.
(5) Scoop batter into the paper cup and place half an Oreo onto the top of the batter. Bake at 180 degree for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails