Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Almond and Raspberry Slice

I have been busy for the last 2 weeks and somehow never got the chance for baking. At last everything is back to normal and I can continue my baking as usual.

This week I will use the recipe from the Good Food and Wine show that I attended couple of weeks back. There were a few recipes and I had a hard time to choose one but finally I made up my mind and I chose the Almond and Raspberry Slice from Bill Granger.

The original recipe was for 20 pieces but I had reduced the ingredients to half as 20 pieces were too many for us.




Ingredients (makes 20 pieces)

210g unsalted butter, softened
165g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
200g flaked almonds
40ml milk
225g plain flour
40g corn flour
160g raspberry jam


What to do

(1) Preheat oven to 180degree. Lightly grease and line with paper a 24x20cm tin.
(2) Please 60g butter, 55g sugar, 1tsp vanilla extract, almonds and milk in medium saucepan.
(3) Cook over low heat until the butter has melted, leave to cool.
(4) Beat the remaining butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale and creamy.
(5) Sift the flour and corn flour and add in two batches, beat on lower speed until just mixed.
(6) Press the dough into the baking tine and bake for 12 minutes or until light golden. Cool for 10 minutes.
(7) Spread the jam over the pastry base, then spread the cooled almond topping over the jam.
(8) Bake for further 25 minutes or until golden brown.


Yummy! ^_^

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails