Thursday, April 1, 2010

Flaky Chocolate Cupcake

I’d been reading the twilight series that wrote by Stephanie Mayer. I was kinda addicted with the books and can’t stop myself from reading them as the story is very interesting. Finally, I’d finished the last book and it was happy ending. Now, I am “free” and back to my kitchen to do some baking which I abandon for quite sometime. =P

Here’s my Flaky Chocolate Muffins!



Erm… does it look good?


It has been a while since I last baked goodies for my colleagues so I’ve brought some of the muffins to share with them and glad that they like it. =D




Ingredients


375g self-raising flour
185g butter, softened
150g castor sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp milk
1tbsp unsweetened cocoa
70g flaky chocolate
2tbsp apricot jelly, warmed


What to do

(1) Preheat the oven to 190 degree. Put muffin cups into shallow muffin pans.

(2) Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well until the mixture is smooth, combine the milk and cocoa and stir into the mix.

(3) Divide the mixture among the paper cups and sprinkle with about a quarter of the crumbled chocolate. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until risen, firm and golden brown. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.

(4) When the cupcakes are cold, brush the tops with the apricot jelly and sprinkle with the remaining crumbled chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails