Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pineapple Coconut Slice

This Pineapple coconut slice is kinda similar to my earlier baking – Pineapple Coconut Muffins. Since I had some leftover ingredients from my previous baking and I came across this recipe from Super Food Idea Magazine, I thought it was a good idea to fully utilize the remaining ingredients. Hence, here is my Pineapple Coconut Slice.



While baking, the aroma of the pineapple and coconut was extremely alluring. I just like the fragrance flowing out from the oven!



I just like the fragrance flowing out from the oven! I'm glad that the outcome was beautiful. It was fluffy, moist and flavored with desiccated coconut and pineapple.



It was so delightful! Love it! (*_*)

Here you go for the recipe. Enjoy~

Ingredients
440g can pineapple pieces in juice
150g butter, softened
160g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
310g self-raising flour
160g desiccated coconut
60g shredded coconut


What to do
(1) Preheat oven to 180 degree. Grease a 3cm-deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang at long end. Drain pineapple, reserving 80ml juice.
(2) Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition,
(3) Add flour, desiccated coconut and pineapple juice. Stir until just combined.
(4) Spread mixture into prepared pan. Top with pineapple. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Press into top.
(5) Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre come out clean and slice is firm when lightly touched in centre.
(6) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 squares. Serve.

Note: I’ve sprinkled some shredded coconut follow by brown sugar. I simple love the combination of brown sugar with shredded coconut! = )


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails