Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cheesy Ham and Macaroni Bake

This is rather easy yet delicious meal that I prepared for our lunch. The whole process took less than 40 minutes and I think that was pretty fast for getting such a delicious homemade dish! :P

I like the golden cheesy crust, they were just so yummy but there were not enough for me. I should have sprinkled more cheddar cheese on top. :D I will remember to sprinkle more cheese on my next pasta bake.



Ingredients

350g macaroni pasta
18g butter
18g plain flour
135ml milk
100g grated cheddar cheese
40g shaved ham, chopped
1tbsp parsley, finely chopped


What to do

(1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender.

(2) Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When foaming, add flour. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add half the milk and whisk until smooth. Add remaining milk and whisk to combine. Return pan to heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 3 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil and thickens. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

(3) Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Add ham, parsley and white sauce. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails