After I finished my Peanut Cookies baking, I continued with Pineapple Tarts. Ok, let me tell you this…making this Pineapple Tarts is really a hard work! It took me a so long to complete the task! No wonder people only bake this once a year or rather buys it from the shop.
Ta da! Here's my first ever Pineapple Tarts!
For Pineapple jam
2 medium-size pineapples, grated and drain the juice
A stick of cinnamon
* Here’s the recipe for the step by step pineaple jam.
What to do
1. Cook grated pineapple in a pot with sugar and cinnamon for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Cook until the pineapple jam starts to leave the sides of the pot. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
For the pastry
200g butter, room temperature
3 tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp of salt
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp corn flour
2 ½ tbsp custard powder
2 tbsp milk powder
What to do
(1) Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
(2) Add in the egg yolk and beat well.
(3) Sift salt, flour, custard powder, cornstarch and milk powder. Mix flour mixture into the butter until it forms a smooth dough.
(4) Remove and let the dough rest for half an hour.
(5) Roll out the dough about 0.5cm thick and cut into shape with a pineapple tart mould. Fill the center of tart with some pineapple jam. Repeat until the dough is finish.
(6) Bake the tarts in a pre-heated 180 degree until golden brown. Cool tarts on rack before storing it.
Here, I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year and Gong Xi Fatt Chai!!! May the Year of the Rabbit bring you good health, wealth and happiness! =)