I have some minced chicken in the fridge and wanna make a chicken burger for hubby’s supper. So it came across my mind that I can make a mini burger for “picnic” tomorrow with Maggie as well. Here's my very easy mini chicken burger.
1 hamburger bun, halved
50g minced chicken
Dash of pepper
½ tbs light soy sauce
1 egg yolk
Dash of salt
2 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
1 slice cheese, quartered
1 small onion, grated
10ml olive oil
What to do
(1) Cut out 4 rounds from the tops and 4 rounds from the bottoms of the hamburger bun. Set aside.
(2) Place the minced chicken, breadcrumbs, grated onion and egg yolk mixed in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well together.
(3) Use wet hands to form 4 small burgers. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes to chill.
(4) Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan. Fry the burgers for 1-2 minutes each side; they should still be rare in the centre. Place on an oven tray, cool and then refrigerate. When the burgers are ready to serve, preheat the oven to 170°C.
(5) Place the buns on an oven tray. Cover with aluminum foil and heat for 5-6 minutes. Top the mini chicken burgers with the quartered cheese slices and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
(6) Sit each burger on a bun base. Top with BBQ or tomato sauce. Place the tops on the burgers; secure with a toothpicks.