Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pineapple Coconut Muffins


… came across Angie’s recipe and THIS recipe caught my attention immediately! Those muffins look so tempting and beautifully baked and I can’t wait any longer so I decided to bake it immediately. The ingredients are simple and I always stock up all these simple ingredients in my pantry. Hence, everything was ready to go, so was I. = )

This is a brilliant idea! The combination of coconut desiccated + brown sugar + pineapple, they were fabulous! I love it so much! Thanks Angie for sharing such a wonderful recipe. I will absolutely bake these muffins again! (*_*)


Ingredients

220g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
100g sugar
125g unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes
1 egg
50g olive oil
120ml milk
1 can (440g) pineapple, diced

Topping of the muffins
½ tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes


What to do

(1) Preheat oven to 180 degree. Sift flour then add baking powder, salt, sugar, and coconut and mix through.

(2) Beat eggs and then add in oil, milk and pineapple and stir well. Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and combine quickly. Do not over-mix.

(3) Divide the batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top of the muffins with coconut flakes and brown sugar. Bake for about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails