Friday, October 8, 2010

Viennese Finger

I always wanted to have a try on this recipe but I’ve forgotten to get myself the piping bag when I did my grocery shopping. Eventually, I remembered to get one pack of piping bag last weekend.


I was so excited! It was fun to pipe the mixture out to create the shape that I wanted!
I was enjoying piping it, though my piping skill needs to be improved still, I guess. They seem like not even at all. Haha!




Ingredients

100g unsalted butter, soften
40g icing sugar
2 eggs yolk
125g plain flour
100g dark chocolate, chopped
30g unsalted butter


What to do

(1) Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
(2) Using electric beaters, cream the butter and icing sugar in a small mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the egg yolks and beat thoroughly.
(3) Transfer the mixture to large mixing bowl, and then sift in the flour. Using the flat-bladed knife, mix until just combined and the mixture is smooth.
(4) Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a fluted 1com piping nozzle and pipe the mixture into wavy lengths on the prepared trays.
(5) Bake the biscuits for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the trays, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
(6) Place the chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl. Half-fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil, then remove from the heat. Sit the bowl over the oan, making sure the base of the bowl does not sit in the water.
(7) Stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth. Dip half of each biscuit into the melted chocolate mixture and leave to set on baking paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails